Thursday, March 17, 2011

work'n like a dog

It's been a hard days night and I've been workin' like a dog....I'm driving my hubby's truck this week and the beetles are the only thing I can get to play on his overly complicated stereo.
...besides, other than sled dogs, dogs don't really work very hard. Above is a picture of my parent's Maggie and I have never seen her do any sort of work....

Anyway, this is the longest week ever! My husband is out of the country. My mom is staying with us. And I am back to full time art teaching. There is so much to say about the new job. I love it and hate it. I love the teaching. I love helping kids create. I love it when then name the crocodile they just made, "Steve." I love planning lessons. I don't even mind setting up and cleaning up.
Strangely it is the not working, but being at work, part I dislike. When you are a stay at home mom you are never alone, which is good and bad. Now I find myself in strange schools alone. I eat lunch in the lounge, I talk to others, people are nice. People smile and say, "hello" in the hall. But, I have way too much time to sit in a giant art room alone. When I took the job I was really only picturing myself teaching at my son school where I know most of the people, where I see my friends as the drop off and pick up their kids, and I get to teach my son and lots of other kids I already know. But, now I find myself spending three days a week at schools when I don't know anyone. I don't like the lonely part. So, hopefully that will get better.

No comments: