Friday, February 6, 2009

Big Step

It may not seem that big, but.... yesterday I took a big step. I love, love, love being home with my kids, but Noah is heading to kindergarten next year and Ellie only has one more year before preschool, so I have started thinking about what's next. Honestly, I have no idea what is next, but based on the past I can count on it being even better than what I can come up with for myself.

Yesterday I began the application process to get my PA teaching license. Three times I was on the phone with the state license department because it looked like I couldn't do it, but each time there was a loop hole just for me. Each time I called them I prayed that this was a sign that I shouldn't do it, but each time I sailed through the problem with the help of the NICE people at the certification office (whoever heard of nice people at a government agency?)

I have this crazy idea that maybe I can teach art part-time wherever my children land up going to school.

Who knows what the future holds, but this feels like a step and it feels right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!
There are PA kids out that have no idea what they're missing...